EPP & UMP Urine Collection Procedure
Specimen Collection & Shipping Instructions
You may download the PDF version of the Collection procedure by clicking on this link.
Environmental Pollutants Profile & Comprehensive Urinary Metabolic Profile Kit Contents:
Rebuilding Health through Innovative Testing
These profiles are not suitable for children younger than 2 years old. US BioTek Laboratories’ Specimen Collection and Shipping Instructions are permitted for use under the guidance of a healthcare practitioner.
Date of Issue: August 2018.
Follow collection instructions carefully.
● On the Resealable Bag
Clearly print your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Collection Date, and strip drying method.
● On the Test Requisition Form
Clearly print your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, and Collection Date.
The Test Requisition Form must also include:
- Physician’s Signature
- Tests Reqested
- Billing information
- Specimen Ship Date
To avoid rejections follow these points
● Missing or incomplete test request information will delay processing and extend turn-around time.
● Nicknames or abbreviated names are not acceptable.
● Patient’s name on the requisition form and Resealable Bag must exactly match.
1. Collect first morning urine into any clean cup (void first portion of urine, then from mid-stream on, fill cup with urine).
2. Place absorbent pad portion of Collection Strips into the cup which contains the first morning urine, and leave them inside the cup for 15 seconds to ensure complete saturation. To avoid contamination, do not touch absorbent pads.
3. Take the Collection Strips out of the cup, briefly allowing them to drip freely.
4. Strips must be allowed to dry completely after collection. Acceptable drying methods include:
Air-Drying strips for at least 12 hours.
Humid conditions may prolong this drying time.
Blow-Drying strips with a hair dryer.
Select “low” setting on hair dryer; air may be warm but NOT hot. Allow 1-3 inches only of distance between dryer and strips. Dry both sides of strips for 5 minutes per side, for a total of 10 minutes drying time per strip.
PACKAGING AND SHIPPING
● Place both DRIED Collection Strips into the Resealable Bag and seal tightly.
● Place Resealable Bag and Test Requisition Form inside the return package provided.
● Keep sample away from heat.
● Use the shipping supply provided in the package to return shipment.
● Ship specimen within 48-hours after collection.
● Specimen may be safely shipped at ambient temperature.
● US BioTek Laboratories must receive specimen within 55 days at ambient temperature from date of collection.
Read this page carefully before using the content of this package.
● Follow collection instructions carefully.
● There is a $15 fee for submittal of an unacceptable specimen.
● Collect first morning urine before food and drink. Or, first urine catch after your longest stretch of sleep.
● Missing or incomplete information on the test requisition form will delay the processing time of your specimen.
We strongly recommend consulting your healthcare practitioner prior to making any changes to your current medication regimen.
Warnings and Precautions:
● Avoid collection during menstruation or urinary tract infection.
● Under the guidance of your healthcare provider, avoid excessive fluid intake the evening prior to urine collection. An overly dilute urine specimen may be rejected.
● Supplements and medications may impact results. Please consult with your healthcare provider.
● Keep out of reach of children.
US BioTek Laboratories Urinary Metabolic Profile & Environmental Pollutants Profile Kit is intended to be used as a medium to collect and transport a urine specimen to the laboratory for testing. Prescription only.